In About on April 8, 2012 at 3:59 pm
About the Author:
Aaron Mansfield is a junior at the University at Buffalo, where he is majoring in English. He is actively involved on campus and in the Buffalo sports scene; Mansfield is the 2012-13 Editor in Chief of the school’s award-winning newspaper, The Spectrum, the host of UBTV’s “Today in UB Sports,” a sports reporter intern at The Buffalo News, and a sports web writer/reporter at WGRZ-TV.
He dreams of hosting SportsCenter. His favorite movies are (500) Days of Summer, Coach Carter, and Remember the Titans, and he is adamant that no television series will ever surpass Friday Night Lights. His favorite bands are Death Cab for Cutie, Mumford & Sons, Bon Iver, and City & Colour.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Bortz fueled the UB men’s basketball team to one of its most successful seasons ever. He later traveled overseas and became a fan favorite professional athlete, but while he was gone, his life back home took several dramatic turns.
- Grace Mukupa (second from right) has taken the Graduate Student Association to new heights as President. When she was raised with next to nothing in Africa, though, nobody expected she’d amount to anything.
- Running back Branden Oliver obliterated records and turned heads on the national level in 2011. With two years of eligibility remaining, he doesn’t plan on slowing down.
- Nobody thought Matt Green suffered from a severe eating disorder when he was a dominant high school athlete.
- QB Chazz Anderson leads his team on the gridiron, but he plans on going pro as a pastor.
- Few UB students know of Rob Golabek, but they probably should – he just might be an All-American in the near future.
- Alex Morgan led the U.S. women’s soccer team in the World Cup, and then she returned stateside to practice with her usual team – just outside of Buffalo.
In About on April 8, 2012 at 3:52 pm
About the Author:
Akanimo Akpan is a senior at the University at Buffalo, where he is majoring in Psychology. Akpan is a Student Assistant at the Office of Alumni Relations, a Research Assistant at the Alcohol Research Lab, and a NCAA Peer Educator among other distinctions. Akpan will be attending Ball State University in the fall as a McNair Scholar in their Combined M.S. of Sports Psychology/Counseling Psychology track. He hopes to obtain his Doctorate in Sports Psychology/Counseling Psychology and practice psychology. Akpan is excited to be pursuing this wonderful endeavor with two of his best friends in the world.
His favorite movies are Transformers, A Beautiful Mind, Inception, The Departed, The Lion King, and The Sound of Music. His favorite tv shows are Supernatural and House. His favorite bands are Switchfoot, Mat Kearney, Musiq Soulchild, and Hillsong.
You can also find me on Facebook and LinkedIn.